United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
- Job Title: Regional Control Officer
- Job Locations: Aba North, Abia State, Awka North, Onitsha South, Anambra State, Kano Municipal, Kano state; Ibadan North-West, Oyo State, Omoku, Rivers State, Ikeja Lagos State Jobs
- Job Type: Full Time Jobs
- Job Category: Banking Jobs
- Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity. Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
- Accounting, Advisory, Analytics, Auditing, Banking, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Counselling, Quality Control
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counselling when required.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained
- Monitor and ensure that open items in GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the
- products recorded in them.
- Minimum B.Sc Accounting 2.1 with ACA
- Minimum of 0- 2 years post-NYSC experience.
- Sound branch operations experience (desirable).
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All applications must be filled and submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence