United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
- Job Title: Registration Associate
- Job Location: Benue State Jobs
- Job Type: Renewable Contract Jobs
- Job Category: NGO JObs
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
Vacancy Notice No: 2018/VA/034
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration of Contract:6 months (with possible renewal)
Duty Stations: Adikpo
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Registration Associate is a member of the Registration team and is normally supervised by the Registration Officer. The Registration Associate is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, and with ensuring that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions.
Depending on the size and structure of the Office, the Registration Associate may provide day-to-day supervision, direction and support to UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities (including Reception, Filing and Data Management staff), and monitors the efficiency and quality of registration processes, identity and entitlement documentation activities and population data management. The Registration Associate collaborates closely with Protection, Programme, Operational Data Management and Information Management colleagues as well as with Government authorities and partners on the provision of quality population data for the delivery of registration activities.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Assist in the supervision and daily running of registration team activities, where required.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Secondary School with post-secondary training/certificate in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, information technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Method of Application
Staff members who wish to be considered for this Fixed Term position should complete and attach a signed UN Personal History Form (P11) as well as a Fact Sheet to their written application and send it via email ONLY to email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
External candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume, fully completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11)and send via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
Please download the P11 form using the link: www.dropbox.com/s/h2yrut7i1ly5hu2/UNHCR_Personal_History_Form_October%202017.docm?dl=0
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION AT THIS STAGE.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.