About Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy. We are looking for vibrant personalities for the position described below.
- Job Title: SAP CoE Lead
- Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: Management / Admin
Job Description and Duty Requirements
Manage and lead SAP Center of Excellence team and lead and support SAP CoE projects and enhancements with integration from 3rd party systems and into SAP modules. SAP Modules that are included in scope of this role are SAP MM, SD, FI, CO, PP, HCM, among others:
- Manage a team of direct reports, both functional and technical, on day to day support of an application with a focus on project delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly gain subject matter knowledge in multiple (specific) applications or functional (expertise) areas in supporting technology in multiple areas, e2e and across functions.
- Manager/Team Lead representing one or more areas on a project, program or special initiative. Responsible for multiple key project segments as designated, but could include system configuration, process and code analysis, development, cutover planning, performance or UAT testing.
- Manage the mentorship and training of team members in maintenance and operational support activities.
- Leveraging product knowledge and experience, direct a wide range of resources as needed to identify or resolve complex multi system issues.
- Leverage team members to utilize knowledge of application architecture, industry trends or best practices to recommend process or technology changes for the applications in the group’s portfolio.
- Lead team members to research potential changes, analyze options and implement selected items. Audit results for efficiency, improved quality, or speed.
- Maintain and execute a roadmap for team development, including individual development, succession planning, and alignment of team structure to meet the requirements for the team.
- Communicate and coordinate communication of issue status for escalations, including senior leaders.
- Periodically review monitoring to identify improvements.
- Review team trends related to SLA compliance. For area of work, recommend corrective actions or CI initiatives as appropriate.
- Help coordinate and triage complex functional issues across multiple domains.
- Direct cross functional team members on overall handling of escalated issues, including triage of complex functional issues across a range of applications or systems.
- Ensure critical processes are identified, defined, documented, and proactively managed.
- Ensure identified impacts of planned application maintenance are appropriately communicated to all levels of the organization.
- Identify continuous learning opportunities for self and direct reports (i.e. Learning Manager, attend other meetings to gain insights)
- Prepare and participate in Talent Calibration and Succession planning
- Provide coaching & feedback
- Participate in informal mentorship if needed Develop team building activities
- Design and recommend training needs for department
- Participate and support Associate Opinion Survey initiatives
- Responsible for rewarding and recognizing direct reports
- Coordinate and/or assign responsibility to coordinate overall effort to translate business requests to functional requirements and high level design.
- Connect with manufacturing and foods industry standards, or similar best practices within SAP applications.
- Accountable for small to medium sized projects, and may lead complex functional solutions or solutions for multiple programs simultaneously.
- Oversee delivery of SAP COE work products supporting enhancement, project or program work when named an accountable manager.
- Lead team to identify timeline considerations including key assumptions and constraints in partnership with PM and other leads.
- Facilitate and/or assign responsibility to facilitate prioritization discussion as needed. Ensure all required adjustments are applied prior to finalizing initial schedule.
- Lead team to create supporting documents, provide development estimates, initial risk and mitigation recommendations. Lead team to recommend options with supporting material or data points including presentations
- Ensure planned application architecture is in alignment with Dangote SOP and enterprise architecture.
- Establish project communication to drive special initiatives or programs. Identify right teams, business groups, or external parties for inclusion. Establish meeting cadences as needed to support overall communication.
- Establish project administrative actives as needed to support projects, special initiatives or large programs, Work in partnership and monitor delivery by assigned resources, including Leads and PM
- Monitor or facilitate status communication and reporting for all initiatives in work area. Partner with PM or designated Leads. Drive awareness of status, opportunities, risks and issues of project with all parties, including Senior management.
- Ensure participation and engagement of all teams, functions, or external vendors needed to deliver initiatives. Evaluate for effectiveness and expand or contract groups included.
- Establish new vendor engagement guidelines, mature existing partnerships. Collaborate on process improvements to increase work quality, efficiency, or speed.
- Accountable for vendor estimation, work scheduling, delivery. In partnership with Procurement, take point on end to end vender engagement lifecycle, including RFI/RFP evaluations, contract development and review, termination of services.
- Help define process to manage complex test environments in partnership with TCOE, QA, Leads, and vendor contacts.
- 4 years degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 8 to 10 years of SAP implementation experience, including 2 to 4 years of SAP project lead/management experience
- Strong understanding of manufacturing concepts and processes, with a focus on cement and consumer goods
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple system development projects in a multi-platform environment, utilizing both in-house resources and consultants
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Broad knowledge base in multiple applications or businesses
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Application shall be online only, no paper copies will be entertained
- Only candidates who meet all the requirements will be considered
- Multiple applications will be disqualified.