In 2001, MTN Nigeria was one of the first telecom operators to receive a GSM licence from the Federal Government of Nigeria. Since then, we have led the growth in the voice market and today, we offer an integrated suite of communications products/services, including mobile voice and data, digital and mobile financial services as well as enterprise services to SMEs, public sector and corporate clients.
- Job Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Transaction
- Job Location: Lagos State Jobs, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Telecommunication Jobs
Core purpose of the Job
- To manage the company’s contractual arrangements regarding drafting, legality, structuring, fiscal efficiency and compliance; ensuring that all practices, policies and business activities fall within the bounds of the company’s legal posture.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of Legal and Regulatory framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Advise management and team members on practices in the areas of commercial and business law, research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives.
- Conduct due diligence and structuring of deals relating to commercial transactions, effectively managing transitions/transformational issues and risks between entities and external parties.
- Give support towards influencing Governmental & Regulatory Policies affecting the Company’s businesses.
- Draft and advise on company contracts relating to supplier agreements as well as gather/evaluate relevant facts on decisions and highlight attendant risks.
- Provide legal advice; effect best -practice legal services within assigned entities and review company contract draft on supplier agreements handed over to Divisions.
- Carry out complex legal assignments requiring substantive legal knowledge in diverse practice areas with emphasis in securities, corporate and contracts law.
- Work with external solicitors to manage all ongoing litigation, dispute resolution matters, outside counsel and other advisors appropriately.
- Coordinate compliance monitoring and direct risk management efforts related to daily operations in areas including management controls, public company compliance obligations, disclosure issues, reporting requirements, Nigerian law compliance, and general corporate governance matters.
- Supervise the development of appropriate responses to employment and other claims; supervise litigated matters and work with outside counsel at regular intervals.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and mentor the Commercial Legal team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of MTNN staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Travel – local and international
- Standard Working Condition
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- 10 years legal work experience in commercial legal practice or within the Legal Department of reputable and structured business environment, preferably a multinational corporation.
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Ability to perform sophisticated legal analysis
- High levels of comfort and confidence with litigation
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework
- Demonstrated business acumen and superior judgment
- LLB, BA or MBA
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications should be completed on or before the 18th January, 2018.
- Multiple application is not allowed.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.