About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: NGO
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- The senior Nursing Officer would work closely with the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility.
- He/She will directly supervise the ART nurse in providing topnotch HIV care, treatment and prevention programs. This position is crucial to the achievement of AHE Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of qualit evidence based ART, PMTCT prevention and TB services.
- Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (I.e. dressing changes).
- Ensures that medication administration Is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates Intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in Seam conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safe USP PEP training curricula end other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the Nurse Manager.
Key Result Areas:
- Quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site.
- Facility based HIV prevention program indicators.
Education and Experiences
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or its equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- Women with required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Application deadline is the 13th of March 2018