About Family Health International (FHI 360)
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Under the direction of the Director, Technical Assistance and Strategic Results Utilization, the Senior Advisor-Program, Finance and Systems Enhancement will provide technical, program, finance and system enhancement leadership in the design and execution of sound program and finance strategies and best-fit practices in this project.
- This includes strengthening the capacity of project staff including partners’ staff, the Government of Nigeria and healthcare workers and other key stakeholders to apply program, financial and systems enhancement approaches as a tool for improving efficiency and effectiveness in project implementation.
- These will include but not limited to providing technical assistance in the management support focusing on work plans, capacity building for management of sub-agreements, subcontracts, pipeline management, and strengthening financial and operations systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in management support to CO and SOs focusing on work plans, sub agreement amendments, periodic fund requests, review of monthly financial reports and sub recipients financial reports, and donor reporting
- Provide leadership in coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of annual work plans and budgets for Country Office and State Offices.
- Support in providing technical assistance to ensure timely submission of periodic donor reports that meet donor standards (timeliness, accuracy and quality)
- Provide technical assistance to Prime in the management of sub-agreements, and subcontracts with consortium partners to ensure achievement of set targets and compliance with donor policies and regulations.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to CDC/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Support capacity in the management and design of subproject activities as directed including the preparation of budgets, implementation schedules, and evaluation criteria.
- Ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable Prime, FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of subprojects to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Guide and support the CO and state offices in establishing sound management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to donor requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Support in ensuring the production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to Prime, FHI 360 and donors as required.
- Ensure program quality according to set standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA / BL in Social Science, Statistics, Mass Communication, Monitoring & Evaluation, Pharmacy, Law, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. At least 2 years of experience in PEPFAR/CDC-funded projects.
- Social Science, Statistics, Mass Communication, Monitoring & Evaluation, Pharmacy, Law, Public Health or related field, and 4-6 years of relevant experience with international development programs which includes 3 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR and CDC requirements.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs. Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, and consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online