Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FH1360) to sustain FHI’s achievements in strengthening indigenous organizational capacity in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a three-year pilot project on Hausa language early primary grade reading and numeracy, implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) and Federation of Muslim Women Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) as part of UNICEF’s Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) with funding support from U.K. Department for International Development (DFID). RANA is implemented in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara state and aims to improve literacy arid numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 by assisting approximately 200 formal schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in the states. Due to the extension on this Project, we are seeking qualified candidate for the vacant position below:
- Senior Technical Officer – M&E Under the supervision of the Senior Program Advisor and relevant technical leads, and with technical oversight from the Senior Technical Advisor-M&E, is responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for the state offices
- The Technical Advisor (M&E) will work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and projects M&E needs
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 /ears relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Or BS/BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (CV) and cover letter as a single MS Word document to AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.