Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development, to fill the vacant position below:
- Job Title: Social Media Manager
- Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Job
- Job Category: Computer and Info. Tech Jobs
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Jumia with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team.
- This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
In particular you will:
- Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels (FB, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.)
- Create content calendars and schedules based on the relevancy of trends, promotions, and social activity
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content across all channels daily
- Continually optimize company pages within each platform
- Develop paid social media campaigns and make sure they are executed properly and on-time across relevant social media channels
- Review competitive social media content and creative, continuously benchmarking other top social media brands and recommending optimizations
- Continually evaluate the Social Media and digital landscape for innovative/new platforms being launched to determine viability for Jumia Brands
- Support the acquisition or production of photographs and eventually videos
- Reviewing and moderating conversation with customers on social channels
- Maintain regular reporting cadence for social media, assessing KPIs and campaign performance
- Support Marketing team with all recaps, reports and programs Identify strategic opportunities to engage target audiences – where are relevant discussions taking place?
- Who are influencers in the ecommerce community that the brand can engage with
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business required.
- 8+ years in social media or agency communication experience required, work in both talent acquisition and brand communications desired
- Excellent writer with experience in multiple writing styles (business, Digital/Social, marketing, technical)
- Knowledge of social media communities, Google Analytics, Facebook Exchange and Account Manager, Spredfast (or equivalent social media listening/analysis program)
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere Pro and Photoshop, but not essential
- Familiar with social scheduling software such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- Knowledgeable about SEO practices.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Blogs, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, etc.), their respective users and how each platform can be most effectively utilized.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- All applications must be completed and submitted online
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted