About Daystar Power
Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced System Performance Engineer with a track record in maintenance and asset management of solar facilities, with proven technical capacity to assess performance of power systems, conduct root cause analysis and develop solutions for improving energy consumption and use.
- He/She will possess strong logical reasoning skills and the ability to resolve technical issues, proactively improve power system designs and used technologies to efficiently manage energy.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Monitor and improve the performance of hybrid solar assets:
- Analyse DPS portfolio performance across various metrics (technical, operational, financial, including indicators related to data quality) and contribute to the definition of action plans to improve the performance of assets and optimize production.
- Conduct deep dives and root cause analysis to identify the reasons for underperformance in underperforming systems.
- Develop remediation actions, for the operations team to execute, to improve underperforming systems.
- Provide technical support to other engineers in determining and implementing solutions.
- Monitor the implementation of action plans, measure their impact, and share feedback.
- Produce multi-level performance analyses based on data (equipment data, economic data, operational data) with respect to the site designs and the contract engagements with clients.
Monitor and improve operational efficiency:
- Participate in the definition and calculation of operational performance monitoring indicators by team: response and problem resolution time, relevance of interventions and schedules, including indicators related to the quality of the data themselves used to monitor performance.
- Put forward recommendations and guidance, for sales engineering and service teams to implement in their work processes, to close the gap between actual and planned performance.
- Conduct predictive analytics to identify power systems where preventive maintenance and troubleshooting should be conducted to minimize downtime and operating costs.
- Conduct site walk-throughs of current technologies, including cost, maintenance, and other pertinent information. Lead energy audits.
- Contribute to the improvement of monitoring and analysis tools.
- Follow-up on the deployment of tools and participate in their development.
- Participate in the definition of digital tools and their deployment: gathering requirements, writing specifications, monitoring the development project, acceptance.
- Master’s or General Engineering Degree with a specialization in Renewable Energies, Environment or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in Renewable Energy (both in design and implementation) and 2 years’ professional experience in a similar position.
- Prior experience in integrating PV with GenSet and Battery Storage System.
- Prior experience in maintenance and asset management of hybrid solar systems.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Experience in PV performance data analysis, Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Power BI or equivalent) and monitoring software is a real asset.
- Rigorous, autonomous, and methodical, the ideal candidate has to have a good sense of organization, a strong analytical mind, and problem-solving skills. In addition, he/she knows how to meet deadlines and are known for your interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Attention to details and extraordinary oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to adapt, learn and grow with the company.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a group.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) – report writing and analysis.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online