About United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Internal Audit’s mandate to the review and assess the bank’s controls on its information systems.
- Supervise the review of all digital banking income lines using CAAT tools to ensure that all incomes are received accordingly.
- Review adequacy of existing control to give reasonable assurance that all possible income leakages are blocked.
- Prepare activity report for the Group Head, Internal Audit and any other assigned functions
- Design audit work plan for Preliminary internal control review to determine the strength of the Internal Control
- Assist in the development and revision/update of the annual IT audit strategy and work plan in conjunction with the Head, Corporate Audit and Compliance
- Participate and supervise the process reviews/redesigns as well as systems upgrade/implementation efforts to ensure that appropriate system controls considerations are effectively taken on board and implemented
- Monitor adequacy of security and control built into the bank’s IT architecture
- Ensure periodic review of actual expense against budgets and resolve expense mis-alignment
- Review the procurement process of e-banking infrastructure to ensure that they are in line with procurement policy of the bank.
- Review and ensure clear roles, responsibilities, segregation of duties and succession planning for the various levels of IT & E-banking staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Accounting or any other numerate discipline.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. CISA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CISSP and MBA etc. will be an added advantage.
- 5-8 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of auditing in a financial service industry. Must have good investigative skills, analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills (written & oral).
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral)
- IT proficiency
- Good investigative skills
- Good numerate and analytical skill.
- Structured query language (SQL Navigator)
- Audit command language (ACL)
- Unix operating systems
- Business objects (BO)
- FTP – file transfer protocol
- Microsoft office tools.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online