About United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- To increase our market, share and ensure dominance of the insurance related companies sector through effective & aggressive marketing of the existing and prospective insurance companies in order to contribute meaningfully to overall objective of the bank i.e. profit making and market dominance.
- Relationship management of existing businesses within the target market and new business development with emphasis on finance houses, asset managers, stock broking firms and related companies
- Interface with stock brokers and ensure that facilities availed are in line with the set criteria in the product paper.
- Monitor CSCS settlement and ensure prompt advice to clients.
- Monitor investment portfolios for profitability.
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the management of all relationships.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports weekly, bi-weekly and monthly.
- Ensure excellent customer service at all touch points.
- First Degree in Social Science / Physical Science and Management Science.
- 5 – 8 years banking experience and at least 3 years in supervisory level.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of marketing financial products / services.
- Must have excellent knowledge of credit analysis with atleast 5 years banking experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent knowledge of credit analysis.
- Marketing of financial products/services
- Banking operations knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Negotiating & persuading skills
- Customer relationship management
- Marketing and credit skills courses
- Marketing & selling skills
- Result oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
- Good communication skills (Oral & Written)
- Exhibits good leadership qualities
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online