Crown Agents is an international development company delivering capacity building and institutional development services in procurement, public financial management, revenue enhancement and expenditure management.
- Job Title: Team Leader – North-East Nigeria Recovery
- Job Location: Nigeria
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Category: NGO Jobs
- We are pleased to be recruiting a Team Leader who is passionate about achieving transformative change. If you are interested in leading a dynamic team of specialists on a cross-cutting recovery project in North East Nigeria, then we would love to hear from you. We welcome applications from experienced Team Leaders who thrive on accelerating self-sufficiency and prosperity in local communities.
What You’ll be Working on
- The World Bank approved a $200m Multi-Sectoral Crisis Recovery Project (MCRP) in March 2017. Part of this funding will be used by a Nigerian federal government body to contract a Programme Management Consultancy (PMC) team to build capacity and oversee the effective delivery of the recovery. We expect the tender for the PMC to be published in early 2018. The role is subject to a successful bid by the consortium.
What you will be responsible for:
- The Team Leader’s overall responsibility is oversight of all workstreams and funding as well as the effective management of the PMC team and its objectives, and she/he will report to a Project Director in Crown Agents HQ (based in London) as well as having a close relationship with Crown Agents’ Country Manager in Abuja.
Specific responsibilities and tasks may include:
Leadership, Management and Representation
- Providing leadership, coordination and strategic direction setting;
- Leading and coordinating a dynamic team of technical advisors to develop and enhance the program’s implementation plan and standards;
- Managing strategic relationships with the Government of Nigeria, federal institutions, state-level governments, the World Bank, other donors, civil society, media, business partners and consortium members;
- Securing and maintaining high level political engagement and support for the programme;
- Contributing as a Member of the Steering Committee and representing the consortia and programme externally;
- Coordination, networking and knowledge sharing amongst key stakeholders and programme work streams.
- Ensuring that the project team is providing high quality advice on procurement, programme management, financial management, contract management, safeguarding and M & E to federal, state and others as required;
- Oversight of high-quality capacity building of federal,, state and others as required;
- Monitoring and mitigating risks of the PCM functions, and taking decisions that are conflict and gender sensitive;
- Oversight of security of staff contracted to the PCM;
- Oversight of external communication, including a strong social media presence.
Programme Management Oversight:
- Overall management of resources allocated to the project;
- Monitoring and ensuring performance of the programme and ensuring all milestones are met according to World Bank / Government requirements, developing mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and taking corrective actions to remedy any deviation from work plans;
- Accounting and reporting to the World Bank / Government as required on programme performance;
- Promoting networking and knowledge sharing amongst key stakeholders and programme work streams.
- The responsibilities of the Team Leader role are indicative and subject to change pending publication of the PCM TORs.
To achieve this, you as a Team Leader will need the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Significant relevant professional experience, which includes a track-record of:
- Managing large multi sector development programmes and delivering results in conflict and humanitarian contexts;
- Leading and managing a diverse team; and
- Improving the skills and abilities of others.
- Sound experience in project cycle management, and especially in responding to and adapting to M&E findings;
- Results orientated and commitment to accountability, value for money, conflict and gender sensitivity;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society organisations;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills; and
- Fluent in English.
The following experience, skills and qualifications are desirable:
- Working in or on Nigeria, and particularly the North East;
- Managing World Bank or other multilateral development bank funded projects; and
- Managing complex programmes in the following sectors: social service delivery, infrastructure, conflict prevention, peacebuilding, community development.
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant area.
- Preference may be given to candidates willing to be based in Maiduguri (with travel to Abuja and other parts of North-East Nigeria).
- Candidates based elsewhere in Nigeria must be willing to spend the majority of their time in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) states. This is an essential minimum standard.
- Please state in your application form your willingness to be based Maiduguri and travel to other parts of the BAY states.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All Applications must be filled and submitted online
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further correspondence
- Application Deadline is 14th March 2018