Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FH1360) to sustain FHI’s achievements in strengthening indigenous organizational capacity in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a three-year pilot project on Hausa language early primary grade reading and numeracy, implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) and Federation of Muslim Women Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) as part of UNICEF’s Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) with funding support from U.K. Department for International Development (DFID). RANA is implemented in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara state and aims to improve literacy arid numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 by assisting approximately 200 formal schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in the states. Due to the extension on this Project, we are seeking qualified candidate for the vacant position below:
- Senior Technical Advisor-Lab. Services in collaboration with the Project Director and STO Lab. Services provides leadership in implementing high quality laboratory services for AHNi including building laboratory capacity at health facility sites to combat HIV, TB, malaria and other infectious diseases.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Master’s degree in Laboratory Sciences, Biological Science or related degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience.
- Or doctorate degree in Laboratory Sciences, Biological Science or related degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in laboratory setting of which 3 must be on a HIV laboratory management donor funded program.
- Certification / license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting and working in a donor funded program is required.
- Proven experience in project development planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (CV) and cover letter as a single MS Word document to [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.