IpNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
- Job Title: ipNX Technical Support Engineer (i-TAC Engineer)
- Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: Information Technology
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- Provide first level off-site technical support for all ipNX services: Voice, Data connectivity, Internet services, WiMAX services etc. To consistently provide a high level of excellent customer service and support ensuring customers satisfaction.
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)/Key Activities
Incident Management (First Call Resolution):
- Manage Service request life-cycle: receive, log and take ownership of all General Service Requests and progress to resolution.
- Receive, log and take ownership of all faults. Respond to and provide timely, complete and accurate resolution to customer inquiries via email, phone or web calls.
- Monitoring and escalation based on SLAs, coordinate with other teams as may be necessary to resolve customer issues within the contracted SLAs.
- Proactive monitoring of all ipNX owned & installed network elements in corporate customers’ premises.
Prompt Response to Inbound Calls and E-mails:
- Ensure initial call assessment, resolution (if possible) or escalation to the appropriate technical group.
- Identify, document and alert supervisor of trends in customer calls.
Follow up on Unresolved Complaint/Open Tickets to Closure:
- Ensure daily updates of all complaints not closed (open tickets) by following up with person(s), units and organizations responsible.
Timely Escalation/Feedback to Relevant Units:
- Liaison with clients on updates of progress on Service Requests and Incidents reports ensuring they are kept up to date. Dissemination of information regarding network faulty condition, causes, planned outage period for repair/preventive maintenance.
Preparing Technical Reports:
- Produce periodic error-free service reports in order to inform both management and external clients of service levels achieved and areas of service improvement required.
- Prepare daily incidence summary reports.
- Prepare monthly availability reports for customers.
- Generate outage, fault and utilization reports as well as cause analysis/ reason for outage reports.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- B.Sc/B.Eng in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical-Electronics Engineering
- CCNA, CCNP (Desired)
- Strong telecommunications, IP design skills, & in-depth knowledge of IP Network.
- Excellent business communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hands-on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN.
- Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) are desirable.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint technologies is desirable
- Candidate must possess excellent customer interface, analytical and presentation skills and be able to influence internal and external organizations
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.