About 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of all Microsoft Infrastructure Software across Business, Service and Resource / Infrastructure capacity development and governance across enterprise systems.
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Microsoft Infrastructure system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Partner with business leaders, IT service operations team and other relevant stakeholders to identify Microsoft Products in line with Business requirements
- Responsible for planning of Microsoft Infrastructure systems upgrades and deployment.
- Provide technical and operational support in management of multiple Microsoft Infrastructure in a highly dynamic business environment and to support business
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Windows operating systems
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for Windows operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems
- Perform daily Windows operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades
- Maintain backup of the Windows operating system network
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on Windows operating system environment in EMTS through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance
- Monitor Windows systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to the end users and ensure timely resolution of Windows system problems
- Collaborates with business, information security, database and application development teams to define and design scope for each project
- Develops and maintains system and project documentation including progress reports of the environment and systems
- Delivers support/ engineering which includes design, system upgrades, maintenance and enhancements, new implementations and solutions, root cause analysis and resolving performance issues
- Perform configuration, management and maintenance tasks for the following: Microsoft Windows Server platform, Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft Clustering as well as virtualization technologies.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by Head of IT Operations.
- Degree level education with a solid all-round knowledge of IT and its use within a business environment with minimum of 6 years experience
- Expert in Microsoft Infrastructure Software
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server platform (configuration, security, debugging crashes or poor performance, understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor and I/O – disk and network)
- Expert in Microsoft Public (Azure) Cloud
- Proven professional experience with Virtualization (VMware vSphere & Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Good overall knowledge of Microsoft System Center Suite
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a supportive environment, this will include dealing with escalations from the business, providing feedback and dealing with several projects and problems simultaneously in an effective manner.
- The position holder must be capable of working on their own initiative within the procedures and guidelines laid down.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to senior management level.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to work extended hours and travel to other sites/regions as required
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online