About Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Where You Fit In
- The Supply Chain Specialist – RtP position is a key member of the Ikeja-based Supply Chain Ops SNBO team supporting Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCiN).
- As an individual contributor, you are responsible to liaise and collaborate with various levels of stakeholders to address inquiries, resolve issues on a timely manner and establish preventive action plans moving forward.
What’s the Role
- You will be responsible for the efficient and timely processing of demands / requests to Purchase Requisitions and/or Service Entries in support of the assigned Shell business entities and region.
- You will also conduct data analysis and presentation to support the Operations Manager/Line Manager, Operations Excellence (OE) team or other relevant group to conduct deep-dive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis on a regular basis to drive CI (Continuous Improvement) mindset especially in the areas of automation and/or POT (Payment on Time) delivery.
Your further accountabilities will include:
- Position will be performing activities such as creation and amendment of Purchase Requisition and/or Service Entry.
- Act as a first point of contact of the end users within the scope.
- Work and engage closely with AP (Accounts Payable), business stakeholders, vendors (if applicable) and relevant team member to resolve outstanding issues on invoices.
- Support and drive issue analysis to identify gaps and emerging issues in processes and procedures where KPI targets are concern.
- Perform assigned ERP/SAP Super User Role. (address “how to” questions, perform training and testing to support the process and IT related change activities in area of responsibility, raise enhancement requests and participate in the review together with the process experts).
- Perform other roles within the scope of the process and/or departmental/SNBO initiatives as assigned and agreed with the Line Manager. (ex. CI Projects, Focal in Visual Management Board or KPI Analysis, Emergency Response Team etc.).
- Collaborate with end-users to ensure their requisitions are fulfilled in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Assist Accounts Payables in the resolution of procurement issues associated with vendor invoices.
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders, Accounts Payable and RtP Analysts and ensure vendors are paid timely.
- Identify and resolve non-compliant activities through awareness, training and escalation and working with the business stakeholders, Finance and Accounts Payable to resolve POT issues.
- Identified Process Experts and first point of contact for complex queries and requests.
- Provide back-up support to other team members.
What We Need From You
- We’re keen to hear from individuals with preferably minimum of 2 years of working experience in Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) processes.
Alongside this, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- Knowledge of RtP processes and ERP (SAP) System functionality.
- Understand the high-level Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) policies, processes, systems.
- Understand the correct procurement system and channel per spend category and advise the business.
- Understand the key interfaces and interdependencies between Contracting and Procurement (CP) processes, controls and systems and those of other Shell departments such as Finance, Projects, etc. and external partners.
- Awareness of the Manual of Authority, i.e. can describe who can commit money on behalf of Shell and understand Shell’s governance/contract signatory process and where this ties in to the RtP process and systems.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please click on the link below. Please ensure to apply according to the instruction provided in the box below. Any other form of application outside what is stated will not be entertained.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online