ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992 as an Oil and Gas servicing company with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation, the company has grown in leaps and bounds, expanding its business horizon, but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waste Management Coordinator II
Location: Akwa Ibom (155-QIT)
Employment Type: Contract
Request: Operations (Tech)
Work Schedule: Standard – 5 days on / 2 days off – 5 days on / 2 days off
- Oversee the planning, coordination and monitoring of solid and liquid waste management for the Upstream / Downstream Operations environment.
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation of waste services provision by 3rd party contractors, and provide timely direction and support to ensure Operations waste requirements are met, and overall conformance to Company waste management principles and philosophies is achieved.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, Level 2:
- Ensure that correct client standards and waste disposal procedures are undertaken by client staff and contractors, such as identifying waste materials, safety guideline training, and conducting risk assessments on hazardous materials.
- Ensure compliance with local and national laws with regards to safe handling, storage and disposal of waste, whilst implementing strategies to reduce waste.
- Scope of Work specific to this Assignment: Operate the QIT waste incinerators and required support to BRT (where required)
- De-ash the primary chamber after burning and transfer to Segregation Yard
- Identify issues for prompt attention
- Operate the fork lift and waste truck to handle waste at the Segregation and Incinerator Yards.
- Supervise routine / preventive maintenance of QIT waste incinerators similar activities by UNM or 3rd party.
- Track and keep record of all Incinerator Maintenance (Daily/Weekly Preventive/Routine).
- Provide oversight for in-house waste reception and 3rd party waste evacuation. Document accurately
- Track, collate and update monthly UN waste data (generation/disposed/produced ash/recycled, etc.) for trending and reporting to facilitate improvement of communications in the waste management process.
- Carry out assessment of waste management facilities and processes, and close-out of actions for MPN facilities and 3P contractors
- Provide training and guidance on acceptable waste management processes/practices
- Assist in stewardship reporting to MPN and regulators
- Provide support and guidance on QIT waste management processes as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Applies Science, Environmental Management, or equivalent
- Safety leadership qualifications or certifications
- Experience in environmental management and /or waste management, with remote experience preferred
- Experience within a large corporation or complex organizational setting
- Experience supervising contractors within a dynamic, challenging and/or unpredictable environment
- Experience in the operation of waste facilities (waste processing equipment and landfills)
- Experience in the environmental monitoring of waste facilities and activities (including water, air, noise emissions)
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, and Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others
- Cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of Company and worksite-specific endeavors for best practice waste management
- Work in extreme and remote environments
- Ability to interface professionally with 3rd party contractors, suppliers, and end users/receivers of services
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to form effective working relationship with others, while maintaining focus for broader company objectives
- Ability to foster co-operation and collaboration with others
General Technical Skills:
- Very strong safety and conformance / compliance focus
- Very good interpersonal and motivational skills
- Indepth knowledge of spill response, clean up and reporting
- Incident investigation training (i.e.Taproot)
- Specific Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of safety management tools and processes. (i.e. Step back 5×5, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Risk Assessment)
- Understanding and knowledge of local waste regulations and permitting
- Good working knowledge of landfill operational practices, and waste handling, treatment and disposal processes
- Strong knowledge of environmental aspect
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.