Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a civil engineering and construction company whose main focus is the construction of high quality buildings for both residential and industrial use, as well as roads and civil infrastructures, is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Workshop Manager
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Admin and Human Resources Jobs
Our client’s primary business includes the importation, storage, marketing and distribution of Bitumen, Bituminous products and Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) in Nigeria.
Plan, lead, organize, and supervise daily activities of the Workshop Section, controlling the quality of repairs, annual PMS, implementation of HSEQ standards, and performance appraisal of subordinates.
- Maintain adequate records and documentation for the company’s maintenance management system.
- Ensure all work undertaken by the team of mechanics is compliant with statutory, legislative and licensing requirements.
- Attend off-site breakdown jobs requiring repair and service.
- Perform trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on vehicles and equipment.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System (PMS), delegate specific tasks to concerned section or mechanic in and ensure that all vehicles meet or exceed set repair and maintenance standards.
- Supervise all workshop activities especially on technical issues.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs, special job or for stocks replenishment.
- Supervise and follow up on actual progress of each individual repair job.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics.
- Follow up repair order, register the time taken to complete each task in comparison to Service Level Agreements.
- Supervise customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance they require from the Workshop.
- Evaluate the training requirements of subordinates and organise training with the transport and logistics manager.
- Conduct final check/test driving for all vehicles/trucks prior to release.
- Interview and conducts hands-on testing of technical applicants.
- Ensure full compliance with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare workshop technical budget.
- Comply with all work health and safety requirements at all times.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in similar function.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System, Management Information System.
- Sound knowledge of operations management and inventory management.
- Ability to work with numbers, multitask and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and lead a team to ensure targets are met.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management skill.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- All application should be filled and submitted online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview